Wild strawberries aka Fragaria Vesca are smaller than strawberries. Don’t let that fool you though, the flavor punch they provide is much bigger and sweeter. There really is no comparison. Our wild strawberries are hand harvested from our urbans farms. As if their extremely delicious taste weren’t enough reason to eat wild strawberries, the health benefits are amazing as well. Traditionally, Romans used wild strawberries to lift the spirits, relieve bad breath as well as treat different kinds of digestive complaints. . Today the recognized health benefits of wild strawberries are numerous and range from helping treat asthma, diabetes and depression, to helping prevent cancer, strokes and heart disease. A great snack ready to eat out of the bag, or perfect for jams, jellies, pies and salads. There is one only way to eat fresh wild strawberries – Babylon farm!
- High amounts of polyphenyl found in wild strawberries may help reduce blood pressure, thus reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Wild strawberries are an excellent source of fiber and potassium which help maintain regularity and support heart health.
- The antioxidants quercetin, kaempferol, and anthocyanins found in wild strawberries help reduce the risk of blood clots and therefore strokes as well.
- The anti-inflammatory effects of quercetin coupled with Vitamin C may help to alleviate symptoms of allergies including runny nose, watery eyes and hives
- Strawberries are a low glycemic index food and high in fiber which helps regulate and stabilize blood sugar making them an excellent food source for diabetics.